#95 The PTO US Open Professional Women's Triathlon
Dean and Paula discuss their trip to the PTO US Open in Irving, Texas. In this episode, they focus on the professional women's race.
Also in this episode, they discuss:
- Visiting a Buc-ee's on the road to Texas
- Armadillo sighting while running
- Athlete attacked by a seal
- Running on concrete
- Training for the Chicago Marathon
- Run for Your Life 5K in Owensboro, KY
- Weightlifting for marathon training
- Instant speed in the pool
- PTO US Open press conference and TriTalks with Michael Johnson, Taylor Knibb, Lucy Charles Barclay, Ashleigh Gentle, and Jocelyn McCauley
RyR is a team of runners and triathletes who receive comprehensive and customized coaching. The team name has dual meanings. The first is based in Hebrews 12:1 in which Christians are instructed to run the race set before us. In this context, RyR stands for Run your Race, with an emphasis on meeting you (the athlete) where you are and coming alongside you to help you reach your goals. The verse emphasizes patience, endurance, and perseverance. These qualities are essential for success as both athletes and coaches.
The second meaning is based on the enduring friendship and marriage between the founding coaches, Dean and Paula Roberts. In this context, RyR stands for Roberts and Roberts. While our primary mission is to help athletes set and reach fitness and performance goals, we understand that this must occur within the context of each athlete's daily life. We strive to form an individual relationship with each athlete and make sure weekly training fits seamlessly into family life and work schedules.